Friday, December 19, 2014

Feature Friday: Ellwood in Marietta

elwood.jpg

I met my friend, Lynn, three years ago when I was a docent in her beautiful historic home, Elwood, in Marietta. We became friends and I loved hearing about her history of buying old houses and fixing them up. I call her the real estate tycoon of Marietta, because she does indeed have lots of rental properties in this area, as well as others at the beach and mountains. I featured her beach house, a couple of years ago. It's gorgeous!

She’s a fascinating lady, a combination of real estate investor and artist, wife and mom. She’s well known around Old Marietta Square and has lived in Elwood for over 20 years. She showed me pics of the house when they bought it and wow, it looked like it needed to be torn down instead of restored. But, Lynn loves a good restoration project and tackled this house, making it a beautiful home for her family. Her husband is right there with her in their restoration efforts.

The post Feature Friday: Ellwood in Marietta appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment