Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Repair and Paint a Block Wall

concrete wall painting002_20150920

The ugly Wall.

That's been my nemesis in this house ever since I bought it. That ugly block retaining wall at the end of my driveway has been an eyesore since day one. We tackled the inside of the house and then I started on the outside, by adding the new front porch, stone retaining wall, and landscaping. Wow, did that all make a difference. But, that wall was still mocking me, saying....make me pretty too!

It's not a great looking wall and never will be, but I did not want to start over and tear it down. It's definitely leaning towards the driveway and over time has shifted. It's nowhere near straight, but again I want to save it and not start over if I can help it. Some of you mentioned adding faux stone to the wall to make it prettier and yes, that is a great idea, but I don't want to add any extra weight on it, since it's leaning already. In my mind, making it look better is a good solution for now. I don't want to overspend on this house and need to do what I can to spruce up without spending a bundle.

The post Repair and Paint a Block Wall appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment