Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Adding Windows to a House

house-exterior-for-windows.jpg

One of the best things we can do as homeowners with older houses is to update the windows. The newer vinyl windows with double insulated panes are so much more energy efficient than the older wooden single pane glass windows were. I was very lucky when I moved in this house that the windows had already been updated along the way and weren’t too old. They weren’t all trimmed out properly and we had to finish that, but I’m so happy that I had good insulated windows in this house.

And after moving in and living here for 2 years, one of the things I’ve really wanted to do is add extra windows to my den room to bring in lots more light. It’s only got one small double window in there now and can be very dark without any lights on. Adding those extra windows will make such a difference in my house and the natural light that will be brought in now.

The post Adding Windows to a House appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment