Sunday, January 4, 2015

Painting Interior Doors Black

dark-brown-doors_thumb.jpg

One of the things I decided on when I was renovating my house was to paint all my interior doors dark. Dark chocolate brown to be exact. I had seen the trend of black doors out there for awhile now and I think it’s a great accent and feature in a house. Now, I do think that to do this successfully, it helps to have a lighter color palette in a house and it makes more sense with neutrals, with the dark brown or black adding a grounding factor to the doors. I have all Pure White trim and kept the door trim in white as well, but the impact of the dark brown doors really make a statement in my house, since I don’t have a lot of architectural interest in here except what my dad and I added during renovation.

So, today I’m going to talk about that and how it adds a lot of interest to a house and do an update on my dark brown doors. I haven’t really showed them since the house was finished, so here you go.

The post Painting Interior Doors Black appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment