Monday, June 29, 2015

Dad’s Southern Garden & Meatloaf Recipe

southern meal_20150625

It's time again for an update on my dad's garden. He has been very busy this year, between his Georgia garden and his North Carolina garden, tending to both of them as well as he can. You would think an almost 88 year old would slow down a bit and relax during the heat of the summer, wouldn't you? Not my dad. He thrives on growing his garden every year and I think he would just have nothing to live for if he had to give it up. So, we encourage him within reason to keep gardening. It's his passion and that's truly what keeps him going. I don't know how he does it, as being outside during the sweltering heat that we've had lately, just about kills me. I can't take that heat nearly as well as he can.

My idea of fun right now is floating in the pool or lake to beat the heat.

The post Dad’s Southern Garden & Meatloaf Recipe appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment