Sunday, June 21, 2015

Things to Do in St. Augustine: Part 1

St francis Inn Collage

Earlier this month, I took my very first trip to St. Augustine. Since my parents are both Florida natives, I have no idea why I've never made it to the oldest city in the US before, but I had never seen it in person. I've heard of the history of this old Florida city, the Fountain of Youth and how the Spanish landed there in 1565 to claim it for their own. It was really great to finally get there and experience St. Augustine in person. I found out from my mom that her brother, Roland, who has been blind since a very young age, went to St. Augustine's Deaf and Blind school back when he was a boy, so that's a bit of my family history with St. Augustine.

The post Things to Do in St. Augustine: Part 1 appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment