Sunday, February 7, 2016

Why Are My Banana Peppers Turning Brown: Fixing Brown Banana Pepper Plants

By Amy Grant Peppers come in a range of sizes, colors and heat levels. Some, like the banana pepper, is a bit more on the sweet size and is delicious grilled or eaten raw or pickled. As with any pepper variety, you may encounter problems growing banana peppers. Perhaps, you are waiting with baited breath to harvest the first sweet pepper but suddenly notice brown banana pepper plants or fruit. Why are my banana peppers turning brown, you wonder. Is there anything that can be done about brown banana pepper plants? Let's learn more. Why are My Banana Peppers Turning Brown? There is a difference between the fruit turning brown and the plant turning brown, first of all. When Banana Peppers Turn Brown A common affliction of peppers, as well as tomatoes and eggplant, is called blossom end rot or BER. This happened to me in my container grown peppers,

No comments:

Post a Comment