Thursday, June 16, 2016

Zoo Atlanta: A Family Visit

zoo atlanta043

It's been about a 100 years since I went to the zoo here in Atlanta. I'm not sure it was called Zoo Atlanta the last time I went, but Grant Park zoo was what we called it growing up. It's changed. A lot. I'm one of those not-born-here Atlantans, who considers myself a native by the fact that I've been here since I was 6 years old. That's a long time. Anyone that's lived here since the 60's will know what I'm talking about. The Atlanta of our childhood no longer exists and we are probably the folks who complain the loudest about the traffic. That darn traffic is killing us! Because.....see, we remember when it was different and better. There was a time when we were NOT all strangled with the traffic situation around here.


I digress. This is supposed to be a post about Zoo Atlanta, so let's get back to that. The Zoo has definitely come a long ways since my childhood days of visiting Grant Park. When Lauren and the babies were home, we all went down there for the day. It was hot, but not as hot as it it is now and luckily there is a lot of shade to walk in so that helped too. We took the baby in her stroller and she did fine. Parker, of course, loved it all so I took lots of pics to share!


The post Zoo Atlanta: A Family Visit appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment