Sunday, October 5, 2014

Building a Retaining Wall

driveway-and-retaining-wall_thumb.jpg

I so remember driving up to my house 2 and 1/2 years ago when we first looked at it. The yard, with it’s sad and pitiful lack of landscape and the little front stoop that had no curb appeal at all was the first thing I took in. It was a pathetic first impression, but I knew once I got the house that I could improve upon that curb appeal. I could see it in my head. I knew my house needed a proper portico, landscaping, lights and more and all of that would take time. The sloped yard going up my sidewalk was in dire need of help. It sort of meandered down a slight hill, stopping in an unsightly way by the driveway. A pile of dirt with nothing attractive about it. On top of that, coming out of the 2 garages takes a bit of maneuvering to back up a couple of times and then move forward . Rolling the tires across the dirt was part of that and I knew that I needed to keep that area flat and make sure that whatever I did that a bit of rolling tires couldn’t hurt it any.

The post Building a Retaining Wall appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment