Sunday, November 2, 2014

Adding Planks to a Fireplace Mantel

fireplace-full-shot_thumb.jpg

Another project I can cross off my list now is adding planks to the top of my fireplace, above the reclaimed mantel. I don’t mind the rock, it was just TOO much rock, so I wanted to calm it down and add some light to that side of the room. All that rock sucks the light right out of that space, even with windows on either side. Besides, I can now decorate a prettier mantel having a creamy white backdrop of wood instead of those dark rocks. And that makes me happy. One of our topics this month for Lowes is Holiday prep and this project is definitely going to get me ready for Christmas decorating.

The post Adding Planks to a Fireplace Mantel appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment