Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The King and Prince Resort: St. Simons Island, GA

view-from-my-room.jpg

When I started this blog almost 8 years ago, I had no idea it would lead me down the path of getting to discover and travel to places I’ve never been before. Having grown up in Georgia, you would think that the Georgia coast would have been a frequent destination growing up and that I’d know all the ins and outs of the barrier islands in our wonderful Southern state. But, that is not the case. My dad actually grew up in Panama City, FL as a young teen to adulthood and that’s where we went when we were children, to the beaches of the Gulf Coast. Panama City to be exact and then Destin. After that, it was only natural for me to spend time down on the sandy white beaches of the Florida Gulf coast as an adult and that is exactly what happened. I love the Gulf and those sandy white beaches still to this day.

But, now as an older adult, I’m just really discovering the beauty and tranquility of our own state of Georgia’s coastal barrier islands. I first visited St. Simons less than 2 years ago and went with a couple of friends for a short and fast visit. I went to the cute downtown pier area and saw the lighthouse and toured the historic Christ Church, but it didn’t leave a lot of time to see much else in St. Simons.

The post The King and Prince Resort: St. Simons Island, GA appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment