Sunday, August 16, 2015

GMC Hidden Treasure Adventure

gmchta eventIMG_8062_20150813

Last week, I participated in one of the MOST fun adventures I've ever experienced. You've probably all heard about the Longest Yardsale, which has been going on for maybe 20 years or so. It's always the first weekend in August (why they picked August, I'll never know....it's HOT, people!). Anyway, I have been to the yardsale a few times years ago, but only from Gadsden, AL up to Chattanooga, TN. Hwy. 127 actually stretches all the way down from Ohio to Alabama and that's the route of the yardsale. The last time I went on the Longest Yardsale was in 2009, with 2 of my fave girls in bogland!

It's an amazing sight to say the least. Traveling the back roads of the USA is such a fun thing to experience and this trip was definitely an adventure of a lifetime that I'll never forget. We flew up to Michigan to start this trip, where I met up with the GMC folks and 7 other bloggers. We then hopped into our GMC Yukon Denali cars and drove to Ohio for our first stop on the yardsale route. It was a total of 5 days from start to finish and at the end, we were all exhausted, but incredibly happy.

The post GMC Hidden Treasure Adventure appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment