Thursday, November 5, 2015

Sauteed Mustard Greens: Not my Daddy’s Mustard Greens

mustard greens sauteed 2

I recently shared my Dad's Fall greens garden, which happens every single year around their house. He loves growing greens and we grew up eating greens in our family all the time. I had to learn to acquire a taste for them, but as I got older I appreciated fresh greens and all the nutrition they bring. There aren't many foods that pack the nutrition punch that greens do and so I try to eat them when they are in season. My mom cooks them down the old-fashioned Southern way, with ham or bacon, letting the fatty meat season the pot. They are served with vinegar based pepper-sauce and we all love eating them this way.

The post Sauteed Mustard Greens: Not my Daddy’s Mustard Greens appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment