Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Family Time in Florida

durant fl family011

Life is a hard road at times, my friends.


I've shared much of my family with you all over the years, including the fact that my parents are both native Floridians. That means that as children, my sister and I spent a lot of time in Florida, visiting both sides of the family. Mom grew up near Plant City in a little community called Durant.


If you know where Durant is, you get a gold star, since it's a tiny spot on the map that you will miss if you blink. The girls in my family just got back from there a couple of weeks ago. We went down for a visit to see family and while it was an enjoyable visit and one we always look forward to, it was bittersweet as well.


The post Family Time in Florida appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment