Sunday, February 15, 2015

How To Paint a Concrete Floor

concrete floor painted and sealed

Once Ruby and Bill were moved into their new lake house, one of the projects we had planned to do was to paint the concrete floor in their basement. It’s a great walk-out basement with lots of light. They decided not to spend the money on laminate flooring down there (it was going to be $3K!), but I told her that painting the concrete like I did in my laundry room would make that space feel very fresh and clean. They worked on getting the concrete dust up with a shop vac and also mopped it a few times to get the dust and debris off the floors before we started. You really do need a clean floor to do this project, so make sure as much of the dust is up as possible if you are going to try this on a brand new concrete floor. An old floor is even easier to paint, since the dust is knocked down with age. In my laundry room, I just vacuumed and mopped it to get as much of the dirt up as I could before I started to paint.

The post How To Paint a Concrete Floor appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment