Sunday, May 17, 2015

Saving Apple Seeds: When And How To Harvest Apple Seeds

By Karen Boness, Owner of Wild Willow Landscape Design, ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Permaculture Designer Ahh. The perfect apple. Is there anything more delicious? I know that when I enjoy really good apples I just want more of them. I wish I could eat them year round or at least harvest my own every summer. Can’t I just plant some seeds from my favorite variety and ensure a life time of apple happiness? How exactly do I create this apple cornucopia? What do I do first? Maybe you, like I, have wondered how and when to harvest apple seeds. Growing Apples from Seeds Growing apples from seeds is easy. But there is a caveat. The odds that you’ll get the exact fruit from the seed of your favorite variety are extremely low. It is more likely that you’ll get a tiny, tart apple that isn’t particularly tasty. The problem is

No comments:

Post a Comment