Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Screened Porch 2015

screened porch 025_20150515

I hope you are all enjoying a nice Memorial Day weekend, wherever you are and whatever you are doing....enjoy the time!

This is my 3rd summer on the screened porch and it is such a happy place for me. I'm out here so much of the time now and as soon as I got the pollen cleaned up this year, it was back to business as usual on the porch.

This year, I pulled the hose up on the porch, got a bucket of hot soapy water and with the help of my roommate, we scrubbed the baseboards and windowsills with soap and I scrubbed the floor with a mop. I had cleared out all the accessories and the furniture was mostly covered with covers. Then I hosed it all off and let it dry well and then uncovered my furniture that I had covers on protecting my cushions for the winter. Keeping covers on the chairs and loveseat definitely help them stay cleaner during the year.

The post The Screened Porch 2015 appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment