Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Caprese Salad with Cherokee Purple Tomatoes

caprese salad

This time of year, I'm eating more simple foods and turning on the stove less and less. Those fresh tomatoes are a big part of my diet during the summer months and Caprese salad is one of my favorites. This tomato salad is a very simple, back to basics salad, with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil, drizzled with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The flavors are intensely summer and so good!

My dad has been growing tomatoes my entire life, so when I was asked to try out a new to me variety of heirloom tomatoes, I said sure, why not. Seeds of Change contacted me and asked me to come up with a recipe for their tomatoes and the Caprese salad was a natural fit.

The post Caprese Salad with Cherokee Purple Tomatoes appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment