Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dad’s 88th Birthday

mom and dad

Today, July 14th, is my Dad's 88th birthday. We certainly don't take that for granted and know that we are blessed to still have him and my mom with us. We want to keep them forever, but know that will not be the case, so we try to savor every moment we have with them. I've been talking to several of my friends recently who have lost their parents or are caring for one who is left after losing a spouse. I know that one day my sister, niece and I will be in the position of looking out after our parents even more. They are still very self sufficient in so many ways and we are grateful for that. God has blessed us with healthy parents.

I wrote a lengthy post about my dad on his 85th birthday, so if you missed that go back and read it.

The post Dad’s 88th Birthday appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment