Sunday, January 3, 2016

Historic Marietta, GA

marietta squarebatch_IMG_0165

My family moved to Marietta, GA back in the summer of 1963, when I was 6 years old. This is the town that raised me and I have very fond memories of growing up in metro Atlanta's historic Marietta. I have seen the evolution of the square, from a bustling shopping place when I was little with mom and pop family owned stores, to seeing it lose its luster over the years and I am really happy that the majestic square has been renovated in a beautiful manner and retains the small town charm and history that I grew up with. Marietta Square is looking good!

I thought it would be fun to take you on a walking tour of the square and see the shops and restaurants that keep it going. Our residents take full advantage of this beauty and we all keep it busy during all months of the year.

The post Historic Marietta, GA appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment