Saturday, January 16, 2016

My First Cruise in 1980

carnival cruise017

Back in the summer of 1980, I was a fresh faced 23 year old ready to take on the world. My whole life was in front of me and I was ready to travel and see more of this great big planet we live on. I was single in my 20's and wanted to explore and visit exotic locales that I had never been to before, so some single girlfriends and I talked about putting together a cruise. There were 7 of us in all. I'm still in touch with 2 of them, who are longtime friends of mine, but the other 4, we have lost touch with over the years. It would be interesting to see where they are all now in life. We have no idea how our paths in life will take us from journey to journey and all the people we will meet along the way. Looking back to this time in life, it seems many years ago (and it was!) and I had no idea how many different paths I'd end up on. They have all been interesting, to say the least.

The post My First Cruise in 1980 appeared first on Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment