Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hand Pollinating Lime Trees: How To Hand Pollinate A Lime Tree

By Amy Grant Is your lime tree less than stellar in the pollination department? If your yield is meager, perhaps you have wondered if you can hand pollinate limes? Most citrus trees are self-pollinating, but many folks in an effort to boost the bounty, resort to hand pollinating citrus. Hand pollination of lime trees is no exception. Can You Hand Pollinate Limes? Bees fascinate me. All summer I have been watching some big black bumblers crawl in and out of the air intake grate covering for under our house. Some days they have so much pollen hanging from them they can’t crawl through the tiny hole and they flutter around looking for a larger gap. I like them so much that I don’t even mind they are building a tiny Taj Mahal under the house. I respect how hard they work to keep me in fruits and veggies. I’ve even

No comments:

Post a Comment